26.3.11

Only IF - Intermittent Fasting

Yesterday I decided to try my first IF, intermittent fast. I went 20 hours with no eating, just drinking water and 2 cups of green tea. I stopped eating by 7pm the night before and didn't eat until 3pm yesterday. It was easier than I thought it would be, I didn't even feel hungry until 3pm. CRAZY!!

The experts say that IF can be done safely once or a few times per week. It has many benefits including: allowing the body to detox a bit and improving insulin resistance. Both of these enable disease prevention, weight loss, muscle gain, body performance and recovery.

So I ate my meal at 3pm (yummy pork shoulder slow cooked in the crock pot and huge salad). I was rooting around in the fridge and came across a diet pepsi (left over from my daughters birthday party). I never drink pop! And I haven't been able to handle a full punch of caffeine since before I got pregnant with my baby (she's now 14 months). I don't know why but I really wanted that pepsi, so I drank it. It was fantastic going down but I felt terribly bloated afterwards. Yuck! Now, I've been feeling really well lately with just minor pain and stiffness in my hands late at night. Last night I had a lot pain in my right hand (I could barely close my hand to make a fist), could it have been all the chemical crap I ingested with the soda? Could it have been the IF? I don't know but I'm going to try an IF next week, eat strictly paleo and see how it goes.

The IF seemed to jump start my weight loss a little as I lost a pound. The most exciting thing however, is that I have lost 1 and a half inches off my waist in a little less than 3 weeks!!! I don't quite know how to explain it but my body is just feeling "tighter".

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment