25.3.11

Bittersweet

First for the sweet:

Today was a gorgeous day. The temperature was around 58F with blue skies and a warm sun. My family and I spent a few hours at the zoo. My 3 year old had fantastic fun on the carousel, it’s perhaps one of her most favourite things.

Now for the bitter:

I have been feeling rather terrible all day. I’ve been really tired and generally crappy. I’m sluggish, lethargic, so much so, that when I returned from the zoo I had a 3 hour nap. And, I’m still not revived. I also had some bad stomach cramping for a little while – which seemed to just go away (and not the way you’d think or I hoped! ;P). I don’t know what’s the matter. I’ve been looking online and some people have mentioned the same thing happening to them around the 5-8 day mark. Responses have been: the body detoxing and should pass in a couple of days, not eating enough good fats, not drinking enough water and finally, stop the diet – there’s something wrong with your digestive system.

So, I think I could be detoxing but a little hesitant as the only thing different about my diet is that I added meat and got rid of grains. Is it possible to detox from grains???? Also, I have been eating very lean cuts of meat, fish and seafood. I’m going to try to add more avocado and add in more fatty meats (like dark chicken and turkey meat). I still haven’t had any beef. I haven’t been able to bring myself to eat it – baby steps but right now I just can’t see myself eating it!

I’ll give it a couple of days to see if I start to feel better, I hope so!

If anyone has any insight I’d love to hear it!

Later,

Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment