25.3.11

One week in

So it’s been a week since I started eating paleo cold turkey. I’m definitely feeling better than I was 2 days ago. This “carb flu” is pretty awful and a little scary. I can see why people fall off the wagon about a week in. As I said, I’m feeling pretty good, I haven’t been very stiff or sore at all, which is a great improvement – especially in the mornings!

I stepped on the scale this morning and I’ve lost 4lbs this week. Strange – I lost the 4lbs within the first 2 days and leveled out. I guess the fluid dropped off and now maybe I’ll average about a pound per week.

I made a roast chicken dinner last night and managed to have the will power to avoid the mashed potatoes. I’ve always made this dinner with stuffing and mashed potatoes. I avoided the stuffing altogther (it’s my absolute favourite!) but made the mash for my family and everyone was happy.

Now that I’m over most of this “flu” I’m going to start working out again beginning with some interval running and then resistance training once I adjust to that. I just feel so tired all the time.

Can’t wait for this to pass!

Later,

1 comment:

  1. For a great mashed potato replacement, cook up cauliflower then place in a food processor with butter, salt, pepper, garlic etc to taste. Blend until smooth like whipped potato. I couldn't believe how good this tasted - even my non-paleo flatmate went back for seconds.

    ReplyDelete