25.3.11

Exercise smexercise

So, I’m finally over my 3 week chest cold/plague and one week into the paleo diet. AND, I really, really feel fantastic today! I have tons of energy and I just feel more alert and ‘here’. By ‘here’ I mean more clear and focused. I have a real problem with mind fog or mind fuzziness and I haven’t had that in the past few days. I do have to admit that every once in a while my stomach will hurt a bit. Kind of like mild cramping but then it just goes away after a minute or 2.

Now that I’ve got a week under my belt, I started exercising again. I’m following the regime put together by Mark Sisson. It’s his Primal Blueprint Fitness routine. You can get it at his blog: http://www.marksdailyapple.com. It consists of a day of sprint intervals, 2 days of resistance training and 4 days where you can rest, play or do some other slow, steady exercise like walking. I like it because I don’t have to go to a gym and the resistance training is broken up into levels so you build up your strength gradually. He has how-to videos on youtube that show you exactly how to do an exercise and the appropriate form necessary to do the moves properly. I’ve done the sprinting and loved it. It’s been a while since I’ve worked up that amount of sweat! If you haven't read his book, it is an absolute must have in order to fully understand the science behind this WOE.
The Primal Blueprint: Reprogram your genes for effortless weight loss, vibrant health, and boundless energy
This evening my right hand is a bit stiff but that’s the only complaint I have, and I’m really not complaining, it’s actually fantastic that that’s the only thing that hurts – yay!!

Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment