11.4.11

5 weeks!

5 weeks, 5 weeks, 5 weeks!!!!!!! What a difference 5 short weeks can make! It is phenomenal how much different I feel from March 7, when I started this endeavor. I seriously had major doubts, after all, if being a vegan (the most healthy diet according to CW) for 7 months didn't do much what on earth was eating mostly fat (and saturated fat at that) going to possibly do? You couldn't convince me that this much change was possible in such a short period of time if it wasn't actually happening to me!

So, here's my weekly update:

Lupus symptoms - Absolutely non-existent! In the past week, I have not had one ache or pain. No stiffness, no swelling, no pain at night, no fatigue, nada, zip - wow!! I cut my plaquinil dose in half (it's been 2 days) and still no pain and stiffness. I. Am. Going. To. Be. In. Remission. Soon.....

Overall well-being -  I don't know if I even need to respond. I have never felt better (except maybe right after my 2 girls were born). I'm energetic, pain-free, clear-headed. Some people are starting to read my blog and are getting inspired to help themselves and others close to them. This makes me feel so good! I am becoming so passionate about this! I wish I could just convince every person with lupus and RA (and any other autoimmune disease) to just give this WOE a chance - 30 days and you'll be hooked on being healthy!

Weight loss/Measurements - Screw this!! I've been getting a little obsessed over the weight loss and my measurements. Both parameter numbers have been slowly getting smaller but someone over on the MDA forum kicked my butt a little and got me to refocus on getting well, after all, this is why I started this. The weight loss is such a nice side effect but thank you Shat!!

Exercise - I am still following the PBF routine and walking a lot. I'm also part of a running group and I'm trying to work myself up to a 5K. It is slow going and I'm not really sure I like it but I'm going to stick with it a little longer to see if that changes. I think I should be able to run 3 measly miles without having to walk. So that's my next goal. Yes me, a 5K, WTF! Seriously, this was not even a remote possibility 2 months ago!

So, I feel amazing. AMAZING! My next adventure is to start coming up with my own paleo recipes, my kitchen is going to be a lab this week. I'll update with my hits (and maybe even some misses - everyone's palate is different right?).

I also realize that I've been using way too many exclamation points in recent postings. Sorry but intonation is everything and I'm just too excited. I'll calm down soon, promise ;P

1 comment:

  1. Are You Having Problems FOLLOWING with the Paleo Diet?

    Do you want to munch on some delicious recipes as soon as TONIGHT?

    Check out: Paleohacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete