29.8.13

Accomplished first lifting goal and supplements redux

Most people, when setting goals for a lifting program, tend to set a max weight that they want to be able to lift. I on the other hand, have trouble just sticking to a routine! After I finish tomorrow's session, I will have completed 2nd week of the 12 week StrongLift program and, if you read a previous blog post, I will have completed my first goal - hooray for me! Time to make my next goal which will be another 2 weeks. Taking baby steps, I believe, is the answer for completing long term goals for myself.

Right now these are my lifting stats:

Squats: 5x5 @ 75 lbs
Bench press: 5x5 @ 65 lbs
Barbell row: 5x5 @ 85 lbs
Overhead press: 5x5 @ 50 lbs
Deadlift: 1x5 @ 105 lbs

I've also added a pull-up to my routine because I've always wanted to be able to do 10 in a row (and thus, emulate Linda Hamilton in Terminator!). Right now I can't even do one unassisted. Yesterday I completed 5x5 with a 20 lbs assist.

I think I mentioned on Facebook or maybe on a blog post that I ordered some compression sleeves for my calves/chins. Well, I've been wearing them for 5 days now and I have to say, they are awesome!! For anyone with Raynaud's Syndrome as part of their lupus symptoms you definitely need to give these a try. No matter how much I get my heart pumping at the gym, my feet are usually not stiff or cold but, how do I explain it, just there, just appendages to my legs, just cool, without a whole lot of feeling to them. When I started working out with the sleeves, my feet actually got warm, warm and fuzzy in fact! This maybe a weird comparison but it's the best one I can think of. You know that comfortable, warm and fuzzy feeling you got right after the epidural kicked in in the middle of labour? That's what my feet felt like! My ankles felt fluid, like water or greased some how. Instead of feeling, really, nothing, they felt fantastic! I ordered these. They are cheap and not fancy, but they are working great!

So, supplements. I did a post a while ago on the ones that I used regularly. This has changed a bit so I thought I would update you on what I'm taking now. I tend to switch it up every now and again to ensure that what I'm taking has an effect on my overall health and trying new things that may help as well. You don't want to be taking supplements and spending a ton of money if they actually don't have much of an effect on your health. I've found that as my diet gets cleaner, some supplements just aren't necessary because I'm getting enough from what I eat everyday. Also, as your gut heals, nutrients become more bio available because a healthy gut can pull more nutrients out of the food you ingest.

Fish oil - I quit the Costco brand and switched to Carlson's Elite Omega 3 gems. The quality is so much better. They are more expensive on the surface but I used to take 6 Kirkland Softgels per day and now I only need to take 2 Carlson's daily.

Turmeric - I started taking Organic India Turmeric to add an extra anti-inflammatory to my diet. I take 2 caps a day.

Magnesium - Totally helps with my sleep. I have never had such deep sleeps until I started supplementing with magnesium. I definitely was not getting enough through my diet. I take Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium

Fermented cod liver oil - I take one Green Pasture Blue Ice cap a day

::Robyn

8 comments:

  1. I am going to have to check out those compression sleeves! I have such trouble during the cooler months working out because of how terrible the Raynaud's has gotten in my feet.
    Have you found any effects with the cod liver oil on your lupus symptoms?
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't recommend them more. Warm feet when working out makes such a big difference! Yes to the cod liver oil. My explanations of how various things I do affect my symptoms are all very scientific aren't they? Like warm and fuzzy feeling, fluid, greased, etc!! Well, there's no exception with the cod liver oil. I find that if I don't take it, I don't get bloated per se, but my rings get a little tighter on my fingers and my veins pop out a little more on my hands and wrists. There is no pain or stiffness but I'm definitely more uncomfortable. It's harder to close my hands into a fist because there is so much pressure inside my fingers. Same goes for my feet. Weird stuff but I'm sure someone with lupus can relate!

      Delete
    2. I definitely can relate! Some days I feel like I can't bend my fingers at all. I'll have to get some. :)

      Delete
  2. Many thanks! This post seems to have done the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been suffering from (LUPUS) disease for the past four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HERPES VIRUS) by this Man Dr Osemudiamen and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr.Osemudiamen telling him about my (LUPUS) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email: drosemudiamenspellhome@gmail.com or call +2347038110398. He told me that he also help people to cure HERPES VIRUS and also help people to bring their ex lover back. contact dr Osemudiamen if you have any problem. email: drosemudiamenspellhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. TRUE LIFE TESTIMONY,TRULY GOD IS GREAT.

    HOW I GOT RID OF MY 5 YEARS GENITAL HERPES WITHIN 7 DAYS,GOD IS AWESOME!
    THIS IS REAL,PLEASE DON'T IGNORE.Call/Text me via; +1(203)806-4318

    HIS WEBSITE;https://doctorsambolablog.wordpress.com

    I caught genital herpes from my Ex Husband in 2012,he never told me about the virus. I had it for 5 years with so many outbreak,and it affected my life.. People think herpes is really a minor skin irritation herpes has a long term effects on health. The stigma attached to this virus by ignorant people is ridiculous. Most people have herpes in one form or another,i was first taking Antiviral medicines, such as acyclovir(Zovirax), famciclovir (Famvir), and valacyclovir (Valtrex), are recommended for treating primary genital herpes outbreaks. This medicine can be taken when an outbreak occurs. It can also be taken every day to help prevent outbreaks,it is not a total cure... I will like to tell everyone who is reading this my testimony on how i get rid of my genital herpes.I was reading a comment on the internet,and i saw a testimony posted by a young lady from USA that she got rid of her herpes with the help of Doctor SAMBOLA,a Traditional Herbalist from Africa.So i was so happy when i saw that post,that his herbal medication Cure the virus totally.I quickly copied the herbal doctor email address and i email him within 30 minutes he respond to my mail.I explain things to him he told me not to worry that i should fill his herbal form which i did..The next day he told me that he has prepare the herbal medicine,that i should send him my address that he want to sent his HERBAL MEDICINE to me via DHL or FedEx that was how i got the herbal medication and i use it as i was instructed.After a week i went to see a Medical Doctor who confirmed my herpes was no more.When some of my friend who has herpes saw me they were surprise and i also introduce them to the man and they are also cure from the same Genital herpes today.I also refer my cousin to the same herbalist who was having HIV and today she is fully cure...If you have Genital or Oral herpes or any kind of Diseases and infections,kindly contact HERBALIST SAMBOLA via this email;herbalistsambola@gmail.com OR Doctorsambola@gmail.com

    *He also have a herbal cure for Following DISEASES,this is not scam is 100% Real.

    -HPV
    -DIABETES
    -PENIS ENLARGEMENT AND WEAK ERECTION
    -VIRGINA PROBLEM
    -WHOOPING COUGH
    - HEPATITIS A,B AND C
    -FORDYCE SPOT
    -COLD SORE
    -ALS
    -LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION
    -LOW SPERM COUNT
    -MRSA(METHICILLIN-RESISTANT STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS
    -ZIKA VIRUS
    -COPD
    -STROKE
    -IMPOTENCE
    -PILE
    -HYPERTENSION
    -LOW SPERM COUNT
    -MENOPAUSE DISEASE
    -ASTHMA
    -CANCER
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    -PCOS
    -SHINGLES
    -VIRAL HEPATITIS/HEPATITIS B
    -FIBROID
    -ASTHMA
    -SICKLE CELL
    -TINNITUS
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    -DIARRHEA and so on...

    Contact him today and you will have a testimony..
    GOD IS TRULY GREAT.

    GOOD LUCK

    ReplyDelete
  5. TRUE LIFE TESTIMONY,TRULY GOD IS GREAT.

    HOW I GOT RID OF MY 5 YEARS GENITAL HERPES WITHIN 7 DAYS,GOD IS AWESOME!
    THIS IS REAL,PLEASE DON'T IGNORE.Call/Text me via; +1(203)806-4318

    HIS WEBSITE;https://doctorsambolablog.wordpress.com

    I caught genital herpes from my Ex Husband in 2012,he never told me about the virus. I had it for 5 years with so many outbreak,and it affected my life.. People think herpes is really a minor skin irritation herpes has a long term effects on health. The stigma attached to this virus by ignorant people is ridiculous. Most people have herpes in one form or another,i was first taking Antiviral medicines, such as acyclovir(Zovirax), famciclovir (Famvir), and valacyclovir (Valtrex), are recommended for treating primary genital herpes outbreaks. This medicine can be taken when an outbreak occurs. It can also be taken every day to help prevent outbreaks,it is not a total cure... I will like to tell everyone who is reading this my testimony on how i get rid of my genital herpes.I was reading a comment on the internet,and i saw a testimony posted by a young lady from USA that she got rid of her herpes with the help of Doctor SAMBOLA,a Traditional Herbalist from Africa.So i was so happy when i saw that post,that his herbal medication Cure the virus totally.I quickly copied the herbal doctor email address and i email him within 30 minutes he respond to my mail.I explain things to him he told me not to worry that i should fill his herbal form which i did..The next day he told me that he has prepare the herbal medicine,that i should send him my address that he want to sent his HERBAL MEDICINE to me via DHL or FedEx that was how i got the herbal medication and i use it as i was instructed.After a week i went to see a Medical Doctor who confirmed my herpes was no more.When some of my friend who has herpes saw me they were surprise and i also introduce them to the man and they are also cure from the same Genital herpes today.I also refer my cousin to the same herbalist who was having DIABETES and today she is fully cure...If you have Genital or Oral herpes or any kind of Diseases and infections,kindly contact HERBALIST SAMBOLA via this email;herbalistsambola@gmail.com OR Doctorsambola@gmail.com


    He also have a herbal cure for Following DISEASES,this is not scam is 100% Real.

    -HPV
    -DIABETES
    -PENIS ENLARGEMENT AND WEAK ERECTION
    -VIRGINA PROBLEM
    -WHOOPING COUGH
    - HEPATITIS A,B AND C
    -FORDYCE SPOT
    -COLD SORE
    -ALS
    -LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION
    -LOW SPERM COUNT
    -MRSA(METHICILLIN-RESISTANT STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS
    -ZIKA VIRUS
    -COPD
    -STROKE
    -IMPOTENCE
    -PILE
    -HYPERTENSION
    -LOW SPERM COUNT
    -MENOPAUSE DISEASE
    -ASTHMA
    -CANCER
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    -PCOS
    -SHINGLES
    -VIRAL HEPATITIS/HEPATITIS B
    -FIBROID
    -ASTHMA
    -SICKLE CELL
    -TINNITUS
    -BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    -DIARRHEA and so on...


    HE IS ALSO SPECIALIZED IN SPELL CASTING SUCH AS;

    * LOVE SPELLS TO BRING BACK EX LOVERS
    [HUSBANDS OR WIFE\’S,BOYFRIEND OR GIRL FRIEND]
    *MONEY SPELL
    *LOTTERY SPELL
    *PREGNANCY SPELL and so on>>





    Contact him today and you will have a testimony..
    GOD IS TRULY GREAT.

    GOOD LUCK

    ReplyDelete